Rotary limit switch used to control and measure the movement of industrial machines or the position of the nacelle or pitch angle of wind turbines.
Saline fog resistant and rich in options, Top is designed to meet the most demanding requirements.
- It consists of a gear motor that transfers movement to the cams and the other movement detection devices through a primary input reduction stage (worm gear and helical toothed gear) and one or more secondary output stages (pairs of straight toothed gears).
- Accurate adjustment of cams by means of screws.
- Positive opening NC contacts for safety functions.
- Mechanical life of switches: up to 10 million operations.
- IP protection degree: Top is classified IP66, IP67 and IP69K.
- NEMA protection degree: Top is classified Type 4X*.
- Extreme temperature resistance: -40°C to +80°C.
- Saline fog resistant.
- It features base and cover made of electrostatic varnished die-cast aluminum, transmission and gear driving shafts made of stainless steel AISI 303, worm gear transmission shaft rotating on ball bearings, self-lubricating technopolymer gears and driving bushes.
- All materials and components used are wear resistant and guarantee protection of the unit against water and dust.
- Revolution ratios from 1:1 to 1:8100, achieved by combining different secondary output stages.
- Each of the three outputs can be set to a different revolution ratio to enable diversified control of the machine when special requirements need to be met.
- Snap action switches with 1NO+1NC change-over contacts or slow action switches with 1 NC contact.
- It can be equipped with 3 cam sets (with up to 15 switches), potentiometers and encoders (alone or on top of cam sets with up to 2 switches) and Yankee absolute encoders (on top of cam sets with up to 4 switches).
- XL version featuring cover rise available with 3 cam sets (with up to 18 switches), potentiometers and encoders (alone or on top of cam sets with up to 5 switches) and Yankee absolute encoders (on top of cam sets with up to 6 switches).
- Dedicated cable glands or connectors.
- Available with flanges, pinions and couplings.
- Plates with universal adapter to replace existing systems.
Speed control system
- Top can be equipped with a “Speed Control System”, a speed detection system with 4 different relays (3 manually programmable for speed threshold settings, 1 used for self-diagnosis).
CE marking, cULus* marking and EAC certification.
Top is available, upon request, with the SIL1 certification (Safety Integrity Level 1), according to Standard IEC61508.
Complies with accident prevention regulation BGV C 1 (only for Germany)
* Not available on all versions.